Your enquiry has been sent.
Thank you. We will be in touch very shortly.
Sandy is Open for Play! Book On-line Now.
The course is open and looking great. All tee times need to be booked on-line. We have a few COVID-19 restrictions in place for everyone’s safety. No electric carts or pull buggies are available for hire. No bunker rakes or sand buckets. We are now a cashless facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sandy.
A minimum standard of dress is required, which consists of good, clean casual clothes, golf shoes or sports shoes.
Divots & Pitch Marks
Please take a sand bucket out onto the course and use it to fill your divots. Take the time to fix your pitch marks on the greens. Not doing so affects the enjoyment of players following you.
Pace of Play
The ideal time to complete 18 holes of golf is 4 hours so please make sure you keep up with the group directly in front of you. If you are experiencing a particularly slow round call the shop and we’ll send out a ranger to investigate.
We don’t allow you to consume alcohol on the course. The café is a licenced facility, but the golf course is not.
Sandringham Golf Links Redevelopment Project
In 2014, Golf Victoria, Golf Australia and the PGA received funding from the Victorian Government to develop a High Performance Training and Administration Facility. After a 2-year process, Sandringham Golf Links was identified as the preferred location for this development.
On 19 December 2018, Bayside City Council issued a Planning Permit for the following redevelopment works at Sandringham Golf Links:
- Public 30 Bay driving range: 350 metre (approximately) long driving range including target greens.
- Public short game practice area: Large chipping area and putting green.
- Redevelopment of the 18-hole Golf Course: Works include the reconfiguration of a number of holes incorporating new greens, tees and bunkers.
- Golf training facilities: Indoor high-performance training facilities.
- Public café: Public café within the main building with views over the course.
- A new 2 storey ‘Club House’ Facility: Incorporating office administration space for Golf Victoria/Golf Australia and Sandringham Golf Links staff, meeting rooms, education spaces and new public amenities/changerooms.
- Additional Water Storage Capacity: For water storage and course irrigation, reducing the course’s reliance on potable water.
- An extensive revegetation program to increase the number of indigenous trees, vegetation and overall biodiversity value of the site.
In late November 2018, the ‘Project’ received further funding from the Victorian Government. This funding is to implement additional upgrade works at the course and includes the following:
- Additional water storage capacity of the dam.
- Course enhancement works.
- Additional office administration space.
These works will not require the removal of any additional vegetation/trees.
Bayside City Council at its meeting on the 19 March 2019 resolved to grant ‘land owners consent’ for the additional works subject to the required planning approval processes.
The Project has now progressed to the implementation stage for works that have been approved by Bayside Council. Works are scheduled to commence on Monday 13 May 2019. These works will continue until December 2020 and include:
- The reconfiguration of a number of holes incorporating new greens, tees and bunkers
- The reconstruction of the remaining holes (tees/greens/bunkers/irrigation) that do not require ‘reconfiguration’
- The upgrade to the irrigation system
- Expansion works to the existing water storage dam to create greater storage capacity
The works associated with the redevelopment of the Golf Course will be implemented as a ‘staged approach’ to ensure that 9 holes will remain open for the duration of the construction period.
Please contact Barb Gaiotto, Waypoint, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sandy Times
Follow us on Instragram to receive our latest updates. @sandrinhgamgolfcourse